Tuesday, June 10, 2008

I don't want to whine....

But I am sooo frustrated right now. It seems as if everything in my life is conspiring against my knitting. Summer school is kicking my booty. What was I thinking trying to take Chem , Medical TerminologyII and Stats all together? I have a bad cold that is taking for-evah to clear up. It's so so hot outside. And I was just diagnosed with Insulin Resistance. The IR requires a special diet that doesn't seem too hard to follow, but it's just another thing to deal with. I really want to know how people handle it all. I know as soon as I feel better every thing will seem less dire, but for now I just want to curl up on the couch with a good movie and some knitting. Unfortunately I have way too much schoolwork to do it.

Ok I'm done whining- really!! I feel better just putting it out there!

On the knitting front here is my WIP /need to finish list
1. PIF gifts( I would link to them but they are supposed to be a surprise!)
2. Mom's sitcom chic
3. Chemo hat for Dotty
4. NIU healing blanket squares
5. Ongoing Oddball baby blankets

I'm really excited to have gotten my Great American Aran Afghan pattern yesterday! I like the idea of this afghan since it is a bunch of squares. A few seem a little over my my skill level but I think in the long run I will be a better knitter for having done them. There is a GAAA along on blogger and Ravelry. I'm pondering what yarn I should use. I'm also not sure what color. I love the idea of a cream aran afghan but the thought of the dog and cat hair in this house makes me a little hesitant. I'm leaning toward something washable. Any suggestions would be very appreciated! I have no idea when I will start it but I will be sure to blog about it when I do. I've learned so much from other people's blog post about it.

If you have read all this and are still here thank you!
xoxo,
Holly

No comments: