Tuesday, June 17, 2008

And the list get longer and Yeah!!!

My UFO list just keeps growing and growing and growing. Tonight my dlb( little brother) called to ask if I would knit him a bag to keep his Rummikub pieces in. I knit one shortly after we got the game. It made much more sense to me to have a bag than to pass the box with pieces around. C(my dlb) made so much fun of me when I made it. Now that he has the game he has decide that yes my way was better and would I please knit him a bag. For some reason I just can't say no. It will be made with the hideous super saver I inherited. I should do tons of ugly stripes in non matching colors but then I would have to weave all those end. Yuck!! He is coming this weekend but I don't think I have the time to make one between now and then while I am working on eveything else and summer school. Of course that doesn't stop me from trying!

Now for the Yeah portion of the title. I think I may have mentioned that I am participating in a Secret Themed Swap on KH. Last night I received the name of my partner. I sent her, I can safely say her because I don't think any guys joined this time, an email today to get more information. I really love participating in these swaps. I always enjoy getting to know other knitters. I am going to make a real effort this time to really get to know both my receiver and my giver. I feel like I have missed out in the past with some of my partners by not really getting to know them. I haven't heard from my giver yet but we are supposed to be contacted within the week. I am so excited!!

I'm about 3.5 inches into Dotty's hat. I decided to go ahead with the floppy brimmed one first and attempt the lacy one later. I really hope she likes them. I haven't seen Dotty since she and her husband moved out of the neighborhood last summer. She is part of my Mom's homemakers' club. She had really good news this week that her brother is a good match for a bone marrow transplant. Thank God! Out of five other siblings he was her only match. I know they are all relieved that they found a match so easily. Prayers really do get answered.

I know blogs are pretty boring without pictures. I'll be sure to post some when I actually have a finished object, hopefully in a few days!

xoxo,
Holly

No comments: