Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Getting caught up

Hi! I know it's been awhile since I've posted again. I do have some what of a good excuse, I was on a mini vacation. My mom, Bentley(my dog), and I went up to visit my bro and sil for a long weekend. We drove up on Thursday morning and came back on Sunday afternoon. It was a ton of fun. I discovered my love for the wii. We played it every night I was there. I loved the bowling and tennis. I got much better at the bowling than anything other game. Mariocart kicked my booty! My bro and his friend said it made them carsick to watch me play. Yeah I rock! Lol! I tried the party games but wasn't very good at them either. I think I am going to have to look into purchasing one for myself, I am really interested in the wii fit package.

I am absolutely amazed at how long it has taken me to get caught up on stuff around the house after being out of town. I came home Sun night and feel like I have been doing laundry and cleaning ever since. I have to clean a little more than normal since we have company coming in this weekend and it will be a full house. I'm really looking forward to everyone coming! Both my bros, my sil and bro #2's girlfriend are coming. Along with bro & sil's dog. It will be a wild weekend.
A good friend of ours parent's are throwing him and his new fiancee a big engagement party on Saturday. Did you know that the spelling fiancee is for the woman and fiance is for the man. I just learned that this summer. I asked his parents were they are registered and was told they aren't yet. Eeek! They don't want any gifts for the party. I don't feel like I can go empty handed so I am going to make a batch of my white chocolate macadamia nut cookies and put them on a really cute plate and include the recipe. K & M both love the cookies and have told me several times that anytime I want to make them they would be happy to take any extras off my hands. The plate is adorable I have to take a picture of it!

Knitting wise I am still working on Mom sitcom chic and the oddball #4 blanket. I'll have picts of both soon! I'm not sure when Mom's sweater will be done.

I have to go now! Thanks for stopping by!!
xoxo,
Holly

No comments: