Thursday, July 24, 2008

Southeast baby oddball

Shandeh the queen of organization and charity knitting over on Knitting Help recently announce some changes to the oddball baby project. The group has grown so much and there were so many blanket going on at the same time it became too much for one person to handle. Even Shandeh who in my book is a supreme organizer and leader. I bow to your talents Shandeh!!! Like any good leader she figured out a way to delegate. Thus our regions were born. Shandeh in her infinite wisdom split the group into geographical regions. MamaDawn is the leader of my region the southeast. I volunteered to help in any way I could. I don't live too far from Children's Hospital of the King's Daughters and have always wanted to do something to help them. This seemed to be the perfect opportunity! I told Dawn about them and now we are going to donate our blankets to this great hospital! I know for a fact that if it wasn't for this hospital and the wonderful Drs. I wouldn't still have my youngest brother who was born with very rare heart defects. I love the thought that all these years later I can be a part of something that made a difference in my family's life. C was showered in handmade gifts during his many stays in the hospital. I recently was going through a box and found a couple of crocheted toys. I asked my mom about them and she told me they were from the ladies at the hospital. I got a warm fuzzy knowing that someday someone would pick up a blanket knit by our group and know that people they would probably never know made something with love for them.

The generous knitters for the Southeast Region are :
  • doodknitwit
  • howdovley
  • kayrun
  • kellybigeyes
  • losnana
  • LBECK
  • MamaDawn
  • misharf
  • Moxiemade
  • Shandeh
I am truly honored to be a part of such a talented group! MamaDawn asked for ideas for blanket themes and within hour we had a ton. In August we will be starting up with four blankets! The themes are M&Ms, Atlantic Waves, Autumn Leaves, and Cookies n Cream . A lot of our ideas involved food ,LOL! We southerners love our food!

I'm 98% done with Speed Racer oddball baby blanket! I should finish it tonight. I love this blanket! It is so cool!!!!! Picts to come I promise!
xoxo,
Holly

No comments: