Wednesday, December 5, 2007

A F.O.

I have one less Christmas gift to knit because I am done with Malden's,(the dog) sweater. I really just needed to seam it but the vague directions of seam leaving 3.5 inches for the arms slowed me down a bit. Where do I leave the 3.5 inches for the arm was the big question. I searched online and measured dog sweaters and finally * think* hope*and* pray* I have the right place. It really doesn't look like much but I am sure it will look great on him. I modified the Need for tweed dog sweater pattern from the Lion Brand Website. I didn't want it to be all garter so I made the top stockinette with a garter boarder. I used Lion brand Wool Ease thick& quick in Pine.



Here is a really bad picture of the dog who will be receiving the sweater. He was playing with a cat toy and would not stay still for a picture but you can see his coloring.
I'll be sure to post a picture of him wearing it. He really loves being dressed up!
I'm currently looking for a pattern for Malden's daddy aka my brother Andy using the same yarn. I am pretty sure he will be getting a hat. I was tempted to make a scarf but the time crunch makes me nervous about starting something that will have to be 6 feet long! Malden's mommy aka Kendra my SiL will be getting a Calorimetry & Fetching both from Knitty and both knit with Paton's SWS or that new yarn at Joann that looks like Noro.

No comments: