Saturday, December 8, 2007

Another FO well almost!


I cast on last night for Kendra's calorimetry while watching Jeopardy with my Mom. About 2 hours later I was almost done. By the time I went to bed I was casting off with this bind off. I just need to sew on the button I bought today. I love love love this pattern! I actually didn't follow the pattern to the t. A lot of knitters on Ravelry said that it came out humongous if you cast on 120 stitches as called for in the pattern but that it came out perfectly with between 80-100. I arbitrarilly chose 88 and am so glad I did. It fit my head stretched so hopefully it will be perfect for K! I have a big head and a lot of hair. K has a lot of hair and an average sized head.

Here are my specs I used Paton's Soy Wool Stripes in Natural Geranium. I cast on 88 stitches with I think size 8 needles. It took me about 3 -3.5 hours to knit. I still have a little less than half of a skein left. I will be making more in the future! I love the button I chose, the picture is bad. I really couldn't get my camera to cooperate tonight! Today was filled with Christmas shopping and decorating the house with Mom. Tomorrow is going to be Holly finishes her Christmas knitting day in my house. The only other thing I need to do besides sew on the button is make Andy's hat. I've decided not to make the gloves for Kendra. Unless I really get inspired this week and the yarn goes on sale! I found her a really cute Amaryllis kit at Lowes so it kind of takes the pressure off. They both will get a head covering of some sort, along with a sweater for their dog, she will get the flowers and he will get a tin of peppermint bark . I think they will be happy with it. If not I know I tried!

No comments: